Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monday, March 29th from Grand Island, Nebraska to Dorchester, Wi

For the last time on this vacation we packed up the car and headed home. We arrived in Dorchester at 6:00PM on Monday evening and I was so happy that Crystal was at the house waiting for us to get home. Shortly afterwards Matt, Shelly, and the kids arrived. They brought dinner down to the house for everyone and then a little later Mike, Roxann and their kids came. The only one that didn't come over was Nicole but she was at work in Wausau. It was so great to see everyone and really made us feel good that they all came to welcome us home. It was so great to get hugs from everyone!

For 4 weeks John and I have been on the road and we both enjoyed every minute of our vacation. We had such a wonderful time with everything that we got to see but we really just had a great time because we were together.

This will be the last post for this vacation. On the 16th or 17th of May John and I will head out on our bicycle with our Bob hooked on behind and bicycle to Middleton, Wi for the Couples on Wheels spring rally. From there our plans are to bike up to Stillwater, Minnesota. At that time we will decide if we want to head west to the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore or head east to Dorchester and then spend the summer biking in Wisconsin. I don't know if I will continue the blog or not but I know that we will have a great time doing the ride together.

I am writing this down in the family room so I can watch American Idol - John was watching Dancing with the Stars upstairs. When his show got done he came downstairs and said after spending the last 30 days 24/7 with me in just two hours he started to miss me so he came downstairs. Is that a bunch bull or what! lol

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment